We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

berlin - hotel & area ?

israel
Level Contributor
173 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
berlin - hotel & area ?

Couple (45 +) ask for a recommendation to the hotel in Berlin for five nights in early June 2014

Which area is recommended for accessibility to public transport, cafes and restaurants?

Thanks

Best Seller
Berlin Bike Tour
585 Reviews
from $38.30*
All-in-One Berlin Shore Excursion...
10 Reviews
from $119.60*
Best Seller
Discover Berlin Half-Day Walking Tour
1,813 Reviews
from $16.70*
Inchicore, Dublin...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: berlin - hotel & area ?

Shalom,

I would recommend a place as central as possible, that means in decreasing order:

Mitte, Tiergarten, Schöneberg, Prenzlauerberg, Kreuzberg, Wedding, any other quarter

While this is not strict, certainly

try to avoid Hellersdorf - Marzahn or Neukölln

Holger

israel
Level Contributor
173 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: berlin - hotel & area ?

Salom Holger & Tnx. (Toda) ...

Can u recommend me a hotel/s also ?

Yaari

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,127 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: berlin - hotel & area ?

If you give us an idea of your budget per night (preferably in euros), you will get better advice, yaari. Compared to other Western European capitals, Berlin is relatively cheap. I would suggest that you do a search in the hotels sections (green box at the top) and look for prices, then come back for comments. Happy hunting!

israel
Level Contributor
173 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: berlin - hotel & area ?

tnx. Pericoloso

+/- 100 euro

its ok

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: berlin - hotel & area ?

We enjoyed our stay at the H2 hotel (budget arm of Ramada Hotels) near Alexanderplatz. See my trip report, No 12 in the collection.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: berlin - hotel & area ?

yaari_i, we haven't been yet but we are booked into the Circus Hotel which is certainly in your price range. My son and nephew will be sharing a twin bed room at 95 Euro, and my husband and I a junior suite at 110 Euro a night.

It gets great reviews and seems to be in a good location, right next to a U-bahn station.

Deb

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: berlin - hotel & area ?

I'd say Adiana Apartments ( tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187323-d182341… ) or Radisson Blu ( tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187323-d202459… ).

Both are in Mitte close to Hackescher Markt with its restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars and next to Museum Island and the river Spree, which will be very nice in June. And you would be within walking distance of Alexanderplatz, if you want to go shopping or visit the tv-tower. Rate would be around 100 to 120 euro.

Edited: 4:25 am, December 13, 2013
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,127 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: berlin - hotel & area ?

my firsr thought was Radisson Blu, but I think that could be a bit above budget. Ideally situated and a lovely hotel.

Omer
Level Contributor
41 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: berlin - hotel & area ?

If you are price-conscious, I would like to suggest Pension Classic, Wittenbergplatz 5. Great location, sparkling clean, excellent attitude, very good breakfast and rates are modest. Not our first stay there but always excellent.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20,652 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: berlin - hotel & area ?

The Circus would be an excellent choice; so would the Adina Apart-Hotel if it is within your budget. Note that there are three Adinas: the Adina Hackescher Markt is the one to go for.