We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train, Berlin to Breslau (Wroclaw) and Krakow, Poland

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dorset UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Train, Berlin to Breslau (Wroclaw) and Krakow, Poland

I will be in Berlin next week and want to travel on a Sunday by train from Berlin to Breslau (also spelt Wroclaw) and then onto Krakow in Poland.

Is it easy to travel by train from Berlin to Poland? Do I need to book a train on-line in advance? Can anybody recommend a good train website for this? Alternatively is it easy to just buy a ticket at Berlin train station on the day? If so, which station is it?

Any advice or information would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Berlin
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train, Berlin to Breslau (Wroclaw) and Krakow, Poland

Check www.bahn.de (-> international guests) for timetable info.

There is one direct train (5,5 hrs from Berlin to Breslau) or connections which involve one or two changes (6-8 hrs). Direct train via Berlin Spandau, Berlin Hauptbahnhof, Berlin Ostbahnhof.

Buy your tickets online, from the multi lingual ticket machines or Deutsche Bahn Travel Centers (Reisezentrum) in the above mentioned stations.

Dorset UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train, Berlin to Breslau (Wroclaw) and Krakow, Poland

Hi Berlin112,

Thanks for the information on the trains. I think the 5.5 hours one which you mention (which departs at 12:52) doesn't run on a Sunday but I may be wrong. This would be the ideal train.

Thank you again for your help and the tip on the website.

3. Re: Train, Berlin to Breslau (Wroclaw) and Krakow, Poland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 15, 2009