We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions ....

Norway
Level Contributor
66 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Few questions ....

Hiya.

As the title says...I have a few questions so here they go....

1. In regards to parking overnight at Alexa shopping centre. I was wondering how we go about doing this? Do we prepay or pay in morning and do we have to speak to anyone so we don't get a fine or???

2. Biggest and decently priced supermarket in or around Berlin?

Also, are there any stores that sell American brand foods and beer? I am looking for a certain beer (Blue Moon) and saw a few online shops from Germany that sold it but if anyone knows of any walk-in shops that sell this beer..please let me know :)

3. Where to have breakfast around the Alexanderplatz area?

And lastly,

4. We are going to the Spreewald Biosphere Reserve. Has anyone been there in Oct.? We are driving down to it so where should we start at the Biosphere or?

Thanks in advance :)

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few questions ....

1. In regards to parking overnight at Alexa shopping centre. I was wondering how we go about doing this? Do we prepay or pay in morning and do we have to speak to anyone so we don't get a fine or???

--> You pay when you collect your car. It's ok to leave it over night.

2. Biggest and decently priced supermarket in or around Berlin?

--> Google for Real, Aldi, Rewe, Lidl, Edeka ...

Also, are there any stores that sell American brand foods and beer? I am looking for a certain beer (Blue Moon) and saw a few online shops from Germany that sold it but if anyone knows of any walk-in shops that sell this beer..please let me know :)

--> Never seen that beer anywhere

3. Where to have breakfast around the Alexanderplatz area?

-->have a look at bakeries or cafes

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,689 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few questions ....

The biggest supermarket will most likely be a Real,prices are also ok. I tend not to go to them as it takes too long to get around!

You can also park in front of the Hotel Idigo/HolidayInn, buy a ticket in the machine until the time you want the next day,from 8pm till 9 am it is free, so cost will only be a couple of €

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,666 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few questions ....

You're apparently staying at or near Alexanderplatz. The food department in Galeria Kaufhof is your nearest: it tends to be fairly expensive, but is well stocked with good things.

There is an Edeka in Rosenthaler Strasse just up from Hackescher Markt.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28,517 posts
537 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Few questions ....

For Food, I think going to Kaisers is a good place as well.

As far as places that sell Blue Moon, I have no idea, I am not sure I have even seen a liquor store in Berlin yet.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,870 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Few questions ....

There are no "liquor stores", the Temperance movement those things have been born from has not got a lot of followers outside English speaking countries. Beer and wine are sold in normal shops alongside with any other groceries.

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,695 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Few questions ....

There is a decent grocery store in the basement of the Alexa shopping center. I think it is a Kaisers. On Sundays, there is a very large grocery store located at the Ostbahnhof. It is also open quite late during the week (open 7am to midnight as I recall). It is a good option if you need to buy groceries on a Sunday. There is also a small Kaisers at the Hauptbahnhof and their prices are higher than a regular Kaisers but not so high as to make me feel like I'm being gouged.

Blue Moon is made by Miller/Coors. I work for a beer distributor in the US, and I don't recall seeing Blue Moon on any store shelves in Germany. As for other American brands, you'll often see things like breakfast cereals, cookies or peanut butters with famous American brand names.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Few questions ....

Just pay for your ticket at the ticket vending machine before leaving the garage.

2. and 3.

Besides the food hall in Galeria Kaufhof there is an Edeka/ Reichelt supermarket in the basement of Alexa shopping centre and a Netto supermarket in Rathauspassagen. If you want bigger ones, you'll have to drive. Kaufland in Storkower Straße 139 or in Hermann-Blankenstein-Straße 38 in Prenzlauer Berg are the closest.

In Rathauspassagen you will also find a Dunkin' Donuts, a bakery (Thürmann) and I think a coffee shop. Rathauspassagen is opposit the tv-tower close to CUBIX cinema.

The Berlin Bier Shop might have Blue Moon. Just call them and ask. Phone Number and address is on their website: http://www.berlinbiershop.com/

The "KaDeWe" (Kaufhaus des Westens) at underground station Wittenbergplatz (U2) offers a wide selection of imported beers as well. Maybe they'll have it.

8. Re: Few questions ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 09, 2014