We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much do you generally spend in Berlin for a couple 6days

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
30,584 posts
588 reviews
Save Topic
How much do you generally spend in Berlin for a couple 6days

Might be a silly question, but figured I'd ask it anyway.

For instance, say you are going to Germany (Berlin) for the first time, you already got a 5 day welcome card for transportation. You also have paid for two of tours up front. There are maybe 3 other tours to take as well that you may pay for.

Generally speaking for a 6 day trip to Berlin for a married couple, how many euros would you say you need apart from what you have already paid for?

Since I have never been to Berlin or Europe, I'm not sure how much food cost at a restaurant or cafe's, etc. Nor am I sure how much things cost in stores such as malls, etc.

ProLimo
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
T3-Limo-Berlin
Taxis & Shuttles
3tx Dreiradtaxi
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,894 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much do you generally spend in Berlin for a couple 6days

To get an idea, go to the top of your screen and click on Restaurants. Pick a catagory, like German, etc. and then you can visit their website, read the menus and see how much lunch, dinner or drinks cost.

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much do you generally spend in Berlin for a couple 6days

That all depends on what you want to do and where you want to eat, since we don't know what is cheap or expensive for you hard to say.

I think the first time in Berlin my hb and I got away with 80,-- € a day for us including accom. second time we paied that for the room.

One thing in Germany is, what you see on a price tag is what you pay, there will be no tax added at the cashier.

Look out for Mittagstisch at lunch time and have a currywurst or doener for supper with a beer, you can get away with 80,-- € a day, 100,-- € and you can splurge once in a while.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much do you generally spend in Berlin for a couple 6days

Berlin is a cheap city by west European standards. Meals in restaurants are large, and it's perfectly possible to get a couple of pizzas and a beer each for around €20. Throw in incidentals and a bit of shopping and €100 between you per day is more than enough IMO.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,352 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much do you generally spend in Berlin for a couple 6days

and you don't have to give 20% tips. Tipping is not necessary, just round up.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
30,584 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much do you generally spend in Berlin for a couple 6days

We probably spent about $500 US dollars for the time we were in Berlin. Including tours, transportation, food, etc.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
30,584 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much do you generally spend in Berlin for a couple 6days

@ Post #4,

We usually just gave around a 10%-15% tip since service was kinda good. Seemed like many people are expecting it as well. But maybe they can tell I was a tourist since I could only communicate a little in German.

7. Re: How much do you generally spend in Berlin for a couple 6days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 12, 2014