We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 am Flight Leaving Berlin- Need Suggestions/Advice

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31,444 posts
588 reviews
Save Topic
7 am Flight Leaving Berlin- Need Suggestions/Advice

I will be in Berlin for 5 full days of activities but 7 total days. My return flight from Berlin going home to the United States in Texas is 7 am the day of my departure. I am flying from Tegel Airport.

Honestly I don't think it makes much sense for my wife and I to sleep the night before with a 7 am flight and risk waking up late. Are there any activities to do in the middle of the night that doesn't involve drinking (I think it is a bad idea to drink the night before a flight especially a long flight).

Or what would you recommend with a 7 am flight to do? We fly into Istanbul from Berlin first and then from Istanbul to Texas.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 am Flight Leaving Berlin- Need Suggestions/Advice

I would just sleep until 4.30 then a taxi to the airport.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 am Flight Leaving Berlin- Need Suggestions/Advice

Same. Don't forget that it'll be a breakfast service on the plane, so sleeping immediately would be difficult. Even just 5 hours the night before would help.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,900 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 am Flight Leaving Berlin- Need Suggestions/Advice

Same here. Don't do this to yourself. Get some sleep. Even if you only sleep 4-5 hours, you'll be glad that you did.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,460 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 am Flight Leaving Berlin- Need Suggestions/Advice

Another vote for sleeping. Just have an early supper followed by a brisk walk, and turn in with enough time to give yourself a good six hours of sleep. You'll arrive home in much better shape to tackle the inevitable accumulation of mail and chores! That may not matter at this distance in time and space, but it will then.

You know it makes sense. :-)

Edited: 1:21 pm, August 26, 2013
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31,444 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 am Flight Leaving Berlin- Need Suggestions/Advice

Thanks for the tips.

Quick question. How safe is the public transportation S-bahn, U-bahn at 4:00 am?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 am Flight Leaving Berlin- Need Suggestions/Advice

No worse than at any other time, really. I've been on the U-Bahn at 3 in the morning and not had any concerns. The buses have security cameras, I believe, and the TXL is a busy route.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31,444 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 am Flight Leaving Berlin- Need Suggestions/Advice

Well we ended up going to sleep at 1 am and woke up at 3:30 am, so that was good advice.

8. Re: 7 am Flight Leaving Berlin- Need Suggestions/Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 23, 2014