We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin - Copenhagen Flight

San Diego...
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Berlin - Copenhagen Flight

I will be flying from Berlin - Copenhagen on a Saturday morning. Price is fairly close on Air Berlin out of Tegel or EasyJet out of Schoenefeld. Advantage of Schoenefeld is the flight leaves a little later (10:45a vs. 9a out of Tegel...extra sleep is always nice). The Marriott's (Potsdamer Platz) website says says Tegel is 5.5 miles and aprox 35 min and a taxi is about 20E. Schoenefeld is 14 miles and aprox 45 min and about 40E for a taxi. (we might consider takign the subway, it just depends on how direct it is).

Qurestions:

Which airport would you recommend?

Is one easier to get to over the other?

Would you recommend taxi for 3 people (1 medium suitcase a person) or subway or bus?

How far in advance do you need to arrive at either airport for the flight?

Thanks so much for your help

Best Seller
Berlin Bike Tour
585 Reviews
from $38.30*
All-in-One Berlin Shore Excursion...
10 Reviews
from $119.70*
Best Seller
Berlin Mitte Walking Tour: Wall...
1,809 Reviews
from $16.80*
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,814 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin - Copenhagen Flight

There is no subway going to any of the airports, but Schoenefeld is served by Airport Express trains. See www.fahrinfo-berlin.de for info

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,070 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin - Copenhagen Flight

Well, as you can see, Tegel is quite a bit closer to Potsdamer Platz. I have not a clue in miles, since I haven't used miles since I was a child, but the distance is 9.3 km and that should cost €14.50 in a taxi according to the taxi fare calaculator. It could vary by a euro or so and take about 15 or 20 minutes. On public transportation, you would take the U-Bahn U2 to Ernst-Reuter-Platz (11 minutes) and then Bus X9 to the airport (17 minutes). Cost: €2.40.

Flughafen Schoenefeld is 21 km from your hotel. That would cost you about €32.70 in a taxi. For €3.10, you could take the S-Bahn to Friedrichstrasse (13 min.) and then the RE7 to the airport (25 min.). Waiting and walking time would bring that up to about 50 minutes in total.

You need to be at the airport about 2 hours ahead of planned flight time.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,790 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berlin - Copenhagen Flight

if going by taxi Tegel is better (nearer so quicker and cheaper). In both cases check-in/baggage drop-off and security are near the gates so you can probably get away with rather less than 2 hours at the airport. Although, having said that, maybe a Saturday morning in the summer isn't the time to find out.....

Neither airport offers much in the way of a shopping experience by the way!

Also, if you were going to SXF by train you need to allow time in case the train is delayed (it happens quite a lot in Germany nowadays!). There are 2 trains an hour so I always go for the one before the one I would have chosen to catch in a perfect world. And Easyjet do board early so you need to be at the gate well before departure time.

I'm surprised airtberlin and Easyjet's prices are similar as airberlin these days is pretty dear (we flew with them TXL-CPG once but it was an introductory fare, i think still only 29€ , back in 2009).

to help you choose (maybe): check the policy re hand luggage for each airline as they are different.and Easyjet allows 20kg if you pay for a checked-in suitcase wheraeas Airberlin allows 23kg and I believe still included in the price (although they may have changed fare structure recently)

Would you like a longer day in Copenhagen? Or a more relaxed departure from berlin? Bear in mind that half an hour of the extra time you "gain" for flight from SXF is lost because it takes longer to get there (assuming taxi to TXL).

Edited: 11:44 am, June 14, 2013
4. Re: Berlin - Copenhagen Flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 16, 2014