We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2days in berlin-which part of Berlin to stay?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
2days in berlin-which part of Berlin to stay?

Hi

I will be in Berlin for almost 2 days. Which part of Berlin should I stay in so that I am close to most of the "to do" places . I am looking for a hotel around $100usd so if you have any suggestions to throw out, will be great! No isses with noise. We would love to be in a busy/lots of people/bars area.

Cheers

Mrs Travelbug.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
79 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2days in berlin-which part of Berlin to stay?

Mitte is a wonderful area to stay in '-- it's in the heart of Berlin and you'd be close to everything. Many of the hotels there might be quite expensive, though. Another central location is Charlottenburg near Ku'Damm and the Zoo. There are some small pensions and hotels near Savignyplatz which is a lovely and centrally located area in West Berlin. Personally I wouldn't stay any further west than that. Wittenburg Platz (not sure whether that's considered Charlottenburg or Schoneburg) is also a very convenient spot. Berlin is very easy to go around, especially if the hotel is located near the S-Bahn and almost any U-Bahn line (the U2 line is especially great)

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
73 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2days in berlin-which part of Berlin to stay?

Well ,if clubbing and going out is your plan for the 48hours berlin experience "Mitte" and "Prenzlauer Berg" are the areas to be.

Hotel Park Inn (Alexander Platz)

70s communist tower hotel with 1000rooms.you have stunning views.34floors.just make sure you are facing the west (facing "Unter den Linden" and the brandenburg gate).rooms are quite small and the showers are behind glass walls inside the room...ver yclose to "weekend"club

Hotel Hackescher Markt (Hackescher Markt)

lovely little place,may be slightly over budget.

area touristy,but also home to a lot of fantastic bars and close to prenzlauer berg with endless bars and clubs.

Hotel Velvet(oranienbuger tor)

design hotel on oranienstr.very busy and touristy road.

close to club "bungalow".ver yhot and new on invaliden str.

viel spass!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2days in berlin-which part of Berlin to stay?

Thanks for all your feedback. Appreciate it . I like the velvet hotel and might consider that..

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2days in berlin-which part of Berlin to stay?

I would recommend either Mitte or Charlottenburg (Ku'Damm area or around Savignyplatz).

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
549 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2days in berlin-which part of Berlin to stay?

THe Agon Frankfureter Allee has great rates, but it appears sort of out of the way (10 mins. to Alexanderplatz by U-bahn).

6. Re: 2days in berlin-which part of Berlin to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 16, 2009