We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Berlin worth a visit?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is Berlin worth a visit?

I've heard that Berlin is beautiful and exciting but a friend says it's an ugly city, from what he's read, and not a city he wants to visit. Neither of us has been there but I want to go. Who is right? We're both WWII buffs and that's part of what attracts me.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is Berlin worth a visit?

Great post, darrenmcc.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is Berlin worth a visit?

Thanks, everyone, for the excellent comments. This doesn't detract from my interest, and just makes me determined to go. Problem is I had wanted to visit with my friend, but he's not interested. Oh well.... I'll send him some of your comments and maybe he'll change his mind.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is Berlin worth a visit?

Bongoblog - Yes, arrive in time for Strassenfest on the Sunday (Saturday will be spent travelling and grocery shopping) and I'm there for CSD, almost certainly marching with the local rugby team. I've not been to Folsom Europe but it's on the list!

MoneyGuy - show your friend this video: http://vimeo.com/50238512 - it's a hyperlapse and so a bit fast-paced but I think it has excellent views of the city.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,629 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is Berlin worth a visit?

Darren, if you make it to Folsom let me know,i'll buy you a beer ;-)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is Berlin worth a visit?

You're on! Probably next year, doubt I'll get there this year.

16. Re: Is Berlin worth a visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 01, 2014