We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
Safety in Berlin

Hello,

I am planning to visit Germany in the middle of 2014 on a gap year holiday. I was wondering if anyone who has been there can give me advice on safety what I should to in order to stay safe in Berlin. I will be travelling alone as an 18 year old girl.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,911 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety in Berlin

You should not have any concerns at all in Berlin. How long are you going to stay in Berlin? If long term, have a read through this recent discussion on neighbourhoods

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g187323-i135-k6…

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,812 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety in Berlin

You may also find this discussion from late last year of interest. tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g187323-i135-k5…

The OP was your age and travelled solo to Berlin. You may also enjoy some of the places she visited.

My 22yr old daughter spent 2 weeks solo in Berlin this time last year and loved it - met up with lots of other kids her age in the youth hostel where she stayed.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
217 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety in Berlin

We travelled to Berlin in December and found it very safe to walk around. One of our tour guides said it was one of the safest cities in Europe, with very little violent crime. I think it is less safe to travel in Australia these days, sadly!

4. Re: Safety in Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 06, 2014