We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days in Berlin in June - which U-Bahn ticket to buy

Oakland...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
6 days in Berlin in June - which U-Bahn ticket to buy

We will be spending 6 days in Berlin in June and I'm wondering which U-Bahn weekly pass I'm going to want. They are situated by zones and I'm staying at I'm wondering if the Berlin A,B,C ticket will be adequate. Staying at the Hotel Adina Hackescher Markt.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,659 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days in Berlin in June - which U-Bahn ticket to buy

Berlin AB = all of Berlin

Berlin ABC = Berlin + adjacent places like Potsdam, Oranienburg/Sachsenhausen, Schönefeld Airport

Best deal will be a 7-day ticket.

bvg.de/index.php/…77395.html

Covers not just the U-Bahn but also regional trains, S-Bahn, trams, buses and a number of ferries.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,930 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days in Berlin in June - which U-Bahn ticket to buy

You should also investigate the Welcome Card, which carries discounts to over 200 tourist attractions, museums, and theatres. In a six-day visit you are more than likely to visit at least some of them, and the Welcome Card can save you quite a lot of money, especially if you go to the theatre, concert, or opera, where the 25% savings on expensive tickets really add up.

http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/17179/name/Berlin+WelcomeCard.html

(Edit: this hasn't come out as a link, so just copy and paste it - or just google BVG Welcome Card.)

You can download a pdf that lists all the discounted venues. You can also look at this thread about the Welcome Card:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187323-i135-k60…

If you decide you don't need the Welcome Card, then the 7-day ticket, which costs the same as five day tickets, is the best deal as Abalada says.

If you are museum-goers, you should also investigate the Museum Pass, which gives unlimited entry to all 55 State museums for the period of its validity. The 3-day pass, which costs €19.50, pays for itself in two, or at most three, visits. If you intend to visit at least five of the State museums, consider the annual pass, which costs €40 and pays for itself in four or five visits.

Edited: 3:05 am, February 24, 2013
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
750 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 days in Berlin in June - which U-Bahn ticket to buy

I would think carefully about what you want to do before you go buying public transport passes. Berlin is a great city to walk around and the Hackesche Markt is well placed for this. Berlin is also an excellent place for cakes and beer etc. and walking might help to restore the waistline. Some days you could walk everywhere: you will get to know the city much better and quicker that way. I was surprised to find out that a walk from Hauptbahnhof to Charlotenburg (along the Spree riverbanks) is only 5km (3 miles) and that would make a good walk in the summer. If you don't fancy the walk back, get a bus or Ubahn/Sbahn. All of Mitte is much better done walking.

4. Re: 6 days in Berlin in June - which U-Bahn ticket to buy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 26, 2014