We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin Birthday meal

dudley
Level Contributor
57 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Berlin Birthday meal

Hi can anyone recommend a restaurant in the Oranienburger Strasse area to celebrate a 30th birthday with family & friends?

Club-Restaurant Das Team "Die Eselin von A."
$$ - $$$, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
happies
$, Fusion, German, European
Restaurant Langosch
$$ - $$$, European, Central European
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin Birthday meal

Hi dawn1967,

We've moved this topic to the Berlin forum, because it should be more likely to receive some replies here. We hope you find the information you're looking for.

Best regards,

TA_MikeW

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
122 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin Birthday meal

HI, am a little out of touch with Berlin but feel bad that no-one else is making any suggestions...!

I used to live close by and can suggest:

Lutter + Wegner - Berlin-chic traditional german food with good selection of wines and slick service - it's also not too expensive, although nothing in Berlin really is.

Schwarzwaldstuben - Tucholskystr. - the only "alpine" restaurant I could find in this area - cosy and real fun - but you MUST book

Goodtime - Chausseestr.- a fantastic SE asian restaurant with fun atmosphere

I would avoid the Indian and singaporean restaurants with the husslers outside. Otherwise there are lots of nice places on Schiffbauerdamm and then Albrechtstr. where you won't need to book.

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Schwarzwaldstuben
Schwarzwaldstuben
704 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
GOODTIME
GOODTIME
722 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
London, United...
Level Contributor
19,160 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berlin Birthday meal

I haven't eaten at Lutter and Wegner, but I agree with SPG's other recommendations. Good Time has wonderful crispy duck in various sauces: I like the hot one!

If you like Turkish food, another possibility is Hasir, at the Hackescher Markt end of Oranienburger Strasse (No. 4). It has quite a festive atmosphere, and cheeky, friendly waiters. Very good food - though I'm told it's not as good as the original Hasir in Kreuzberg.

Mentioned in this post
Hackescher Markt
Hackescher Markt
502 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Kreuzberg
Kreuzberg
355 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
4. Re: Berlin Birthday meal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 14, 2014