We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel from Berlin to Prague?

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
132 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Train travel from Berlin to Prague?

I meant to post this question in the Berlin forum and accidentaly posted it in the Prague forum. I am not sure which or maybe both forums may be appropriate. However, the moderators can make that determination. This is my question:

My wife and I are taking our first European trip to Berlin and Prague. We would like to take the train from Berlin to Prague in early May. I looked at the Bahn Rail website and it looks like their fares are around 50 or 60 Euro's. However, it does not specifically state that that includes an assigned seat on the train. I live in the U.S. and it does not appear that they have a U.S. number that I can call. I looked at the Rail Europe website, and their fare appear to be about twice as much, but it does state that those fares include an assigned seat on the ticket. I found a U.S. phone number for them and called that number, and the person I spoke to verified the price which was about twice as much as the Bahn Rail website. She did also verify that that included an assigned seat. She stated that she did not know anything about the Bohn website or their prices. The tickets on the Bohn website for the May period appear to be about 50 or 60 Euro's one way for one person. Does anyone know if that includes an assigned seat that is printed on the ticket that they send?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,670 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train travel from Berlin to Prague?

Seat reservations are for this connection not compulsory. Thus not included in the shown fare. But you can buy together with the ticket also a seat reservation. EUR 4 per person.

If you buy now you should be however able to get a discount special from Berlin to Prague. These start from EUR 58 (2 x EUR 29) for 2.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Berlin Hbf

Destination: PRAGUE

2. Re: Train travel from Berlin to Prague?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 07, 2014