We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking.com hotels.com difference

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Slovenj Gradec...
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Booking.com hotels.com difference

I usually book my hotels on booking.com and I never had any problems. But now I found that the price for the same hotel for the same dates is a bit cheaper on hotels.com It offers 4 night for 200 euros and free cancellation. On booking.com the price is 225 and it is non refundable. How is this possible? it is the same hotel? Has anyone got any experience regarding this?

Anyone had any problems using hotels.com?

regards,

Mitja

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,789 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking.com hotels.com difference

I used both on a recent trip and had no problems with either. The hotel we booked in Nuremberg with hotels.com was lovely

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,699 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking.com hotels.com difference

I guess it all comes back to the particular deal an agent has with the hotel. I've used booking.com a couple of times for refundable rates (paid on arrival) and never had any problems. Have you tried booking direct with the hotel, though?

Slovenj Gradec...
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking.com hotels.com difference

Booking direct with the hotel costs about 50% more. Don't know why...

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,464 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking.com hotels.com difference

Nothing wrong with www.hotels.com

It all depends on room allocation between the hotel and the various booking sites. It's hit and miss. Sometimes the hotel's site is better. Sometimes not.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
867 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking.com hotels.com difference

I usually use hotels.com for most of my hotels I take. Almost every time it is cheaper if not at least the same rate and they give me a free hotel night stay every 10 nights I book. Makes it worth it to use, so you shouldn't have a problem booking with them.

6. Re: Booking.com hotels.com difference

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 30, 2014