We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on apartment rentals please

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Opinions on apartment rentals please

http://www.vrbo.com/34211ha

http://www.vrbo.com/385554

I would appreciate any comments on the above two rentals. Specifically location would be helpful. I have read that it is easy to get to main sights in Berlin via public transportation. Last year when we rented in Paris we enjoyed a neighbourhood feel and being able to walk to some attractions. Does either of these seem to be similar? Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Opinions on apartment rentals please

Alabastron - destination expert AND on line expert! Firefox - got it and can now see urban apartments. Maybe not a good thing for you, as I'll be back with more ideas...lol Many thanks.

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
596 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Opinions on apartment rentals please

3 Canadian Bears, I can recommend Berlin Habitat Apartments. I stayed at one of their apartments near Rosenthaler Platz. I loved the location. My review is posted on TA along with photos. The place I rented was a small studio, but the owner has other.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Opinions on apartment rentals please

Feel free to ask questions, Bear - that's what we're here for.

Glad Firefox sorted the problem for you!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,699 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Opinions on apartment rentals please

How many is "we"? Both of those second two apartments look great; I like the space of the first but would much prefer the location of the second. If you want to have a real "neighbourhood" experience I'd go for the second.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Opinions on apartment rentals please

Two adult parents, and one teen. Two private bedrooms, and a table we can all eat at are priorities for us. As is wifi. We were spoiled by a lovely apt. last year in Paris, in an old building with older furnishings, amazing creaky old, original floors yet updated kitchen and bath. Hard to duplicate.

Must admit, I think I've seen the entire Ikea catalogue as I look through Berlin rentals :). Ideally, a washer and/or dryer as we plan to spend our 2nd week of holiday in Berlin. I'm going to continue the search; our travel time is late August.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,699 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Opinions on apartment rentals please

I think I'd go for the second one; it's a nice apartment and it's a great location. It's near Kastanienallee which is in Prenzlauer Berg; it's close to shops and restaurants, some parks and it's walkable to the area around Alexanderplatz and Museumsinsel. It will feel much more like a homely neighbourhood than the one near Friedrichstrasse. Good transport links too.

IKEA is ubiquitous in Berlin, I think the Senate has passed a law that requires everyone to own at least one piece of furniture from there :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Opinions on apartment rentals please

Yes, I agree with Darren and would choose the Prenzlauerberg apartment if it was for myself, though both are in good locations and both look like good apartments. I'd point out, though, that the Planckstrasse apartment, the one near Friedrichstrasse, is half again as large as the other; and although both apartments have good transport connections, the Friedrichstrasse connections are better.

Again, though, I'd make the proviso that to avoid possible problems you satisfy yourself before you book that everything is in order and above board.

Ah, yes, the ubiquitous IKEA. My sense is that people who buy apartments for rental all furnish them from IKEA , so many apartments look like clones of each other.

18. Re: Opinions on apartment rentals please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 22, 2014