We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Hauptbahnhof to Zoologisher Garten

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prague
2 posts
Save Topic
from Hauptbahnhof to Zoologisher Garten

Hi

Im wondering how to get on correct platform for S7 or S75 or S5 from hbf to Zoologisher garten. I can see on BFG pages that it should goes from platform 16 but where do i find it?

We are ariving on Friday 16.11.2012 from Prague to Berlin, arriving at 9:05. And i would like to know exactly how to get from the arrival train platform (i suppose it will be platform 1??) from prague to the correct platform for intercity train for Zoologisher garten.

I found only one plan for hbf but cannot see Platform 16

…bahn.de/v/940/img/stInfoPlan/8011160.pdf

I didnt find any maps or plans of the hbf to know where to go:-)

I want to impress my GF :-) hopefully i will..

Please help. Thanks.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,394 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: from Hauptbahnhof to Zoologisher Garten

>I found only one plan for hbf but cannot see Platform 16

Enlarge the plan, check the one entitled "2. Obergeschoss" on page 1 on the right. There you have the tracks 11-16. This is the very top floor while platform 1 is in the basement. So you'll have to go up four escalators - see the little 3D sketches next to each plan that give an idea of the layout. The station is like a big crossing, with the South-North tracks underground and the East-West tracks at the top, and two floors with the main hall, ticket counter, shops, snack stalls and such in between.

Look for the signs with the numbers ("Gleise" = tracks) which are above every escalator and passage and you will find your way easily.

On the way up, if look through the huge glass front on the Southern side you can spot the government quarter in the distance with the Reichstag and the chancellor's office - this bit of info if you want to impress your girlfriend even more... ;-)

Prague
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: from Hauptbahnhof to Zoologisher Garten

Hey

Thaaanks, How come that i didnt see that:-) You are correct. No i have image how to get there.

Perfect. Thanks.

And yes, i will use the phrase "hey, look honey, this is Reichstag and in the distance, there is our hotel :-)

Thanks again.

3. Re: from Hauptbahnhof to Zoologisher Garten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, December 16, 2013