We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plane at 6am - what to do in middle of night?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Plane at 6am - what to do in middle of night?

Hi, my return flight to Canada is at 6am, which means I should get to the airport latest at 4am (is it even open at that time??). Now to do so, it means I will have to leave at 3h30am....

Questions:

1) my connection flight is through Amsterdam. Do I need to be at the airport 3 hours in advance?

2) is there anything I can do in Berlin with all my luggages say from 10pm until 3am?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
984 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plane at 6am - what to do in middle of night?

Hi

Unless someone can advise you of luggage storage in the city, I believe that you have 3 options.

1)Pay for another nights accommodation and depart at 3.00-4.00 am (approx).

2)Go to the airport first (afternoon or morning) and arrange storage (this will be available at either international airports) then return to the city to continue with your travel adventures.

3)Arrange for your luggage to be stored at your accommodation during the day after vacating your room and go to the airport in the evening with the intention of sleeping at the the airport.

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/

Good Luck

DCtheKiwi

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,712 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plane at 6am - what to do in middle of night?

Find out from your carrier when the check-in position is even open. On a recent early morning international flight out of Tegel leaving at 07:25, I had to wait a half hour until I could check in at 06:00.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
257 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plane at 6am - what to do in middle of night?

4) Berlin being full of nightlife, may be you would like to spend some time in a club ?

4. Re: Plane at 6am - what to do in middle of night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, July 17, 2013