We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for the solo traveller?

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Ontario
2 posts
Save Topic
Ideas for the solo traveller?

I was wondering if anyone had tips or ideas for someone (female, 30's) travelling to Berlin, solo. I will be visiting an uncle but will do most touring alone.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for the solo traveller?

Hi Jen,

there is a very good exposition in "Neue Nationalgalerie" called Melancholia: Genius and Lunacy in the Arts.

Look here:

http://www.melancholieinberlin.org

Wash. DC
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for the solo traveller?

One of the best things about being solo in Berlin is that you can get into almost any event, even if it is sold out.

The website of the Berlin Philharmonic shows most of the subscription concerts completely booked. But, the day of the concert, or even that evening about a half hour before it starts, you are sure to get a single seat, and usually at a very decent price. This holds true for most major cultural events.

I have spent a number of pleasant evenings in restaurants where single diners are not discriminated against (as they are here in the States). You should try Oleander in Hackischer Markt, of even the famous Gugelhof...but go early. You will be treated very well any place you go.

Although I have good friends (and even family) in berlin, I find it very pleasant occasionally to take in the city at my own pace and at my own whims. There are endless things to see and do. You will never be bored.

Ottawa, Ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for the solo traveller?

Thank you! very encouraging & appreciated!

Cheers...from Canada!