We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Goulash?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Best Goulash?

We were in Munich several years ago, and kept going back to Augustiner for it's wonderful goulash. My husband will be in Berlin next weekend and will be looking for good goulash. Any suggestions? He will be staying at the Marriott. He actually considered traveling to Munich just to go back to Augustiner!

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Goulash?

Goulash in my mind is a Hungarian dish not a German one.

Luneburg, Germany
Level Contributor
353 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Goulash?

NO!

There is a Hungarian Goulash spicy with Paprika.

and also a German Gulasch!!

The best Gulasch makes my Mom!!

but you can't come :-)

this restaurant in Berlin-Kreuzberg has good reviews:

http://www.g-wie-goulasch.de/

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Goulash?

Thanks guys, for your replies. Like you cactus52, I've been more familiar with the Hungarian version of the dish, but the goulash we had in Munich was out of this world. At Dachau, we met another couple from our hometown (go figure!), told them about this goulash and we kept crossing paths as we all kept going back to Augustiner for this wonderful dish. We've kept in touch and still talk about German goulash. Crazykraut, I wish we could try you mother's, but thanks for the link. I'm sure my husband will enjoy trying this restaurant.

I found that there is an Augustiner restaurant on Charlottenstr in Berlin. The TA reviews refer to a Munich counterpart and the comments for this location are good, but there's no mention of goulash!. Might these two restaurants/beer halls be connected? It seems to be very close to the Marriott.

Sorry I'm on such a determined hunt for goulash, but we really enjoyed our stay in Munich and my husband is looking for this stop over in Berlin. Thanks again for your responses.

4. Re: Best Goulash?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, October 05, 2012