We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise tours to Berlin

Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise tours to Berlin

We will be on a cruise and want to go into Berlin. Has anyone ever used Alla tours for the trip into Berlin? If not Alla, any other suggestions?

Insider Tour
City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Day Trips
Fat Tire Tours Berlin
City Tours, Segway Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Original Berlin Walks
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours
Next City Tours Berlin
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise tours to Berlin

I am not too sure that going into Berlin from Rostock is the greatest idea - you will be spending about the same time on the roads to and from Berlin as you would in the city itself. Berlin is a very big city, with complicated history and lots of sites to see - a half a day tour with the pressure of getting back in time to the cruise ship would not only not do it justice, but would neither do justice to you - you would not see the tip of the iceberg.

Having said that, for some people that might be the only way to see Berlin and I accept that.

Have never heard of Alla Tours. Going into their website, I have had the impression it is a Russian tour company, doing tours in St. Petersburg. If so, it probably means that Alla Tours acts as a middle-man between guides in Berlin that provide this service and the client. They don't do it for charity, of course, so it might be more expensive than what it'd cost you if you had contacted directly Berlin companies that do the cruise ship excursions:

I know very well the first two companies. I don't know so good the last one - I have received their brochure.

Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise tours to Berlin

Thanks for your input.

Seattle area
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise tours to Berlin

I agree with lylou that a one day tour to Berlin is very rushed and leaves little time to comprehend all that is this enormous city. It has developed considerably since 1989 and the fall of The Wall. I lived several years in West Berlin before that, and I couldn't even find familiar neighborhoods in both former East and West. The distance from Rostock or Warnemuende means that much of the day is consumed in travel, too. The trip does go through the former East Germany (DDR), but the countryside is mostly flat and rural countryside. Some interesting and historic cities are close to the ports: Schwerin, Wismar, for instance. Also, one can travel easily to the well-preserved Ruebeck. I would take those alternatives rather than the expensive and rather brief time in Berlin.

That said: We used Alla Tours for our 3-day stay in St. Petersburg on an Oceania Cruise. We had a 6-passenger air-conditioned van, and the total for this much more private tour was actually less P/P than the cruise line's. They were reliable, well-informed and accommodating.

Happy travels, L.

4. Re: Cruise tours to Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, October 19, 2012