We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

park hotel blub

uk
Level Contributor
331 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
park hotel blub

ok wats it like? im going feb 06, just for weekend. i only want to use it as abase i hope i will be out everyday til late.

anybody stayed yhere?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: park hotel blub

Never stayed there so I can't tell you what this hotel is like.

Anyway, the hotel itself is not really located in Central Berlin but has got an underground station (underground line U7) close by. The public transport system in Berlin is pretty good so you'll can get easily into the centre.

Not sure if the underground is running on that line 24/7 on the weekends but you could check that on www.bvg.de. Even if the underground isn't running you wont have a problem getting back to the hotel at night as there is always a night bus.

uk
Level Contributor
331 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: park hotel blub

How far away is it from central berlin?

could you walk it? do they have trams near the hotel?

i dont really wanna use the underground.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: park hotel blub

S-Bahn and U-Bahn map

www.s-bahn-berlin.de/pdf/s_bahn_netz.pdf

The station "Grenzallee" is just outside the S-Bahn ring which encloses central Berlin (zone A, white) at the U-Bahn line U7 (light blue).

To give you an idea: the circumrefence of the S-Bahn ring is 39 km. Berlin by bicycle is an option (but not in winter). Berlin on foot won't work.

tram network

bvg.de/index.php/…1395

trams survived only in what was once East Berlin - thus not where your hotel is

The U-Bahn is despite the name (U stands for Underground) also sometimes elevated. Not sure about this part of the line. The S-Bahn (e.g. the S-Bahn ring) is mostly elevated.

The U-Bahn U7 runs Fr/Sa and Sa/Su nights every 15 minutes.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: park hotel blub

As Abalada said walking isn't really an option. For that the hotel is really too far away from the centre. There are also no trams in that area. You have to use either the underground (which is on that line (U7) always underground), S-Bahn (which might an option for you as it is overground) or the bus.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: park hotel blub

P.S. do you have to stay in that hotel? If not I would recommend looking for a hotel which is more central especially as you don't like using the underground. If you stay more central you have the chance to use the S-Bahn and buses and even walk to some places.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,173 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: park hotel blub

You could also walk from the S-Bahn station Neukölln to the hotel ~ 1,75 km.

uk
Level Contributor
331 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: park hotel blub

iv already booked to go. so yep i do have to stay there.

im dreading it now tho.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: park hotel blub

It might be not the most convinient hotel for a visit to Berlin but there is no reason dreading it.

The public transport system is very efficient in Berlin so you wont have a problem getting to places even when not staying central.

I don't know your reason why you wont want to use the underground but you still have the option of the S-Bahn and the busses.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,870 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: park hotel blub

I also wonder - why do you fear using the U-Bahn (underground) so much? You don't miss a lot, the not-so-central areas of Berlin are like those in any other bigger city, you don't miss a lot. And the subway stations are not so claustrophobic, small-profile things like in London or Glasgow

uk
Level Contributor
331 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: park hotel blub

im just scared of the underground, silly i no.