We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on the Little Things in Berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on the Little Things in Berlin

Hey,

I'm going to Berlin for 3 nights in December and I was wondering if anyone who has been there before would like to offer a first timer some tips as it's often the little things you know that can really make a holiday. So here goes and bear with me about all the questions :-)

I'm flying in from Northern Ireland to Schonefeld and staying in the city centre. I've read its better to get the train than a taxi, but what does a taxi cost roughly. Is it far to the trains from the airport terminals?

I assume the city will be jumping as it's Christmas but are the shops and Christmas Markets open on Sundays??

Has anyone been on any tours and if so what were they, where did you purchase them and about how much do they cost?

Was there anything with that 'wow' factor that you would particularly recommend doing?

Are there any good pubs / restaurants that you can get a cheap good meal or a good breakfast in?

Do you recommend any local food or drink?

What is the average price of a beer and a packet of marlboro? Can you get cider?

It'll be my boyfriends birthday when we are over and I was thinking of hiring a limousine to take us on a night tour of the city and then for a nice meal. Any thoughts?

Thankyou so much for this and if you ever come to Northern Ireland, you can contact me!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Advice on the Little Things in Berlin

Thats a great help. Thankyou so much.

Believe me when I say the holiday will be cheap and cheerful, with the exception of that 1 night for a treat, so anywhere anyone recommends will be highly appreciated.

UK
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Advice on the Little Things in Berlin

Hi

I went to Berlin on business in September but had some free time. A great city - I am going back with my husband November 16th for 3 days.

To your questions:-

A taxi is a good way to get to the centre, we went just through the centre and it cost about 35 euros - you get to see some of the east this way.

The open top city tour was great. We saw 89 different points of interest and the bus was parked in the main street and cost 12 euros took about 1hr 30 mins.

I had a simple but brill desert called Eiss and Heiss (warm raspberries poured over ice cream - yummee)

Lots of pubs/restaurants and plenty of choice (walk along the river bank)

I had a boat trip with dinner (part of the business meeting) the food was not great but the trip was lovely.

Have a great time.

M