We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near the Ritz Carlton hotel

Level Contributor
943 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near the Ritz Carlton hotel

We are staying at this hotel for 2 nights at the beginning of December - can anyone recommend a couple of good restaurants that are within walking distance. Food we enjoy includes a good fillet steak, seafood and Thai. Thanks in anticipation.

Best Seller
Berlin Bike Tour
585 Reviews
from $38.30*
All-in-One Berlin Shore Excursion...
10 Reviews
from $119.60*
Best Seller
Berlin Mitte Walking Tour: Wall...
1,811 Reviews
from $16.70*
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,579 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near the Ritz Carlton hotel

There are some restaurants in the Sony Center

http://www.sonycenter.de/sonycenter_eng/

-> Shops and Restaurants

-> Restaurants

-> culinary highlights

DaimlerChrysler Center

... if you made it into this Flash programmed site

-> News & Service

-> Gastronomie

most of them are in the Arkaden, the shopping mall in the DaimlerChrysler Center

berlin-tourist-information.de/english/berlin…

you can find a huge range of restaurants at the nightlife areas of Berlin

berlin-tourist-information.de/english/berlin…

The U-Bahn line U2 brings you directly from Potsdamer Platz to (out of the listed areas on the above page)

Gendarmenmarkt (stop Hausvogteiplatz)

Nikolaiviertel (stop Märkisches Museum)

Prenzlauer Berg (stop Eberswalder Str.)

On weekdays the U-Bahn trains are replaced by buses between approx. 1am and 4am. On Fr/Sa and Sa/Su the U-Bahn runs throughout the night.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near the Ritz Carlton hotel

I've tried a few restaurants around Potsdamer Platz and have to say that most of them I didn't find very good. Too expensive for what was offered and in one the service was really bad. Can't remember the names right now. Especially during the day a lot of the restaurants are busy and maybe the staff/manangers think it's no need to offer good service as there always will be guests. Tony Roma's is o.k. for a snack but not if you want to have something special. BTW, the ice cream shop/cafe in the shopping mal of Potsdamer Platz is pretty good.

If you don't mind hopping on the underground or bus I could recommend the following

Edd's Thailändische Spezialitäten, Lützowstraße 81 (Thai food)

Nola, Dortmunder Str. 9

Thai Boran, Friedrichstraße 127

Trattoria Peretti, Friedrichstraße 113

berlin
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near the Ritz Carlton hotel

I agree with BerlinGal that Potsdamer Platz lacks any really good restaurants. They are usually over priced.

I heard from someone good opinions on the Australian restaurant in the Sony Centre, but that's it. Personally I liked Andy's Diner, but then again, at that time I was very hungry and without much expectations - the food came in quickly and was, well, diner-like. There is a Tony Roma chain restaurant nearby, but they had the most horrible service I have ever encountered (they do have good steaks, not just ribs, though).

So, like BerlinGal, I suggest using the great transportation from Potsdamer Platz and try your luck elsewhere.

Also try

geocities.com/nadavgablinger/restaurants.html

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near the Ritz Carlton hotel

Thanks to lylou I remember one of the restaurants I would never go again. Andy's Diner! They forgot my friends meal and the place wasn't even busy. They didn't even apologize and when they eventually brought her food it was almost to late. We had tickets for the cinema and had to leave at a certain time. The food was o.k.(ish) but not more.

Level Contributor
943 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near the Ritz Carlton hotel

thanks for the info - going in 2 weeks and cant wait