We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin - Krakow night train .

Munster
9 posts
1 review
Berlin - Krakow night train .

Hi ,

I plan to travel on the berlin to krakow night train on sunday the 13th of september .

Much of the info I have come across is conflicting and confusing . The DB page doesnt show the fare and the polish rail site is hard to navigate . I am eager to sort this leg of my trip before I travel .

Has anybody traveled this route or has anybody got any useful tips as regards booking the journey. Can tickets be booked in berlin or would this be dearer ? Are there any deadlines for booking night trains ?

Any info will be greatly appreciated .

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
31,241 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Berlin - Krakow night train .

I believe that you can ONLY book this in Berlin (or any other German station) - there is only one price. The deadline for booking night trains is the time of departure. I can't see it selling out - that would be most unusual.

Or you could try contacting www.polrail.com - they are a private company, but only charge a small commission on top of the ticket price, unlike Raileurope, which is a complete ripoff - do not use them.

Have a look at this - it may be useful europetrainsguide.com/200907153/Countries/Ge…

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,586 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Berlin - Krakow night train .

If you look on the DB website showing all trains to Krakow, there are earlier connections which are MUCH faster (9.5 hours as opposed to 13.5 hours), some prices are displayed eg €50.80, €55.20, €56.20, and they are bookable.

If the night train is your only option, I'd agree, just buy the ticket in the station.

Munster
9 posts
1 review
3. Re: Berlin - Krakow night train .

Thanks for the info , very helpful!

Kiev
3 posts
4. Re: Berlin - Krakow night train .

I plan similar trip, but other direction Varsav to Berlin and I was told that best way to go via polish border town Kostrzyn - it save money (europetrainsguide.com/forum/…new) Can someone confirm that it is possible to do that way?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,900 posts
5. Re: Berlin - Krakow night train .

Best is to see if you can get a special for the Berlin-Warszawa-Express for EUR 29,00.

bahn.de/p/…bwe.shtml

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

To: Berlin

Maybe you can get it for even less through Polish railways.

Berlin-Warszawa-Express need a bit less than 6 hours for Warsaw to Berlin. Via Kostrzyn you'll need 8,5-9 hours.

Kiev
3 posts
6. Re: Berlin - Krakow night train .

I need to travel at night, do they sell 29eur ticket for night train?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,900 posts
7. Re: Berlin - Krakow night train .

Yes. If you are happy with a seat on a night train.

8. Re: Berlin - Krakow night train .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 21, 2010