We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrinklies on Tour

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wrinklies on Tour

Having married in Berlin 25 years ago next April, we are coming back to the city with friends for 4 days in March next year. We have been back to Berlin since our wedding,and were there when the wall came down. What am I talking about - I was there when the wall went up! I would like to ensure that our friends see as much as possible and have the very best experience. I would like them to know what it is we love about Berlin. We are staying at the Hollywood Media, on the Ku'damm. Any suggestions for a group of fun loving, champagne swilling people in their 40's and 50's? I thought the city tour and a morning on the water, Checkpoint Charlie, Reichstag, Unter den Linden, Alexander Platz, Potsdamer Platz etc - but would also like to come off the usual tourist trail if possible. All the party are very interested in history and recent political events which have helped to form Berlin. Also - any recommendations for great places to eat and drink - including piano and jazz bars. Any suggestions/ideas would be terrific. Many thanks.

Berlin
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrinklies on Tour

Hi Sneeze,

some recommendations for the evening, all within 5-10 min walking distance from your hotel:

You will find a lot of nice places in the area around Savignyplatz - try the "A-Trane" for Jazz (Bleibtreustra������������������e /Corner Pestalozzistra������������������e), should be in the www, there is also a larger Jazz-restaurant nearby in the Stilwerk on Kantstra������������������e Corner Uhlandstra������������������e (never been there, though); try the "Gainsbourgh" for Cocktails (though sometimes crowded; Knesebeckstra������������������e, close to Savignyplatz), and try the "Zwiebelfisch" for one last beer or snack before 6:am (directly at Savignyplatz).

I can also recommend the "Wei������������������e Maus" for Cocktails, which is at Ludwigkirchplatz.

Not within walking distance: One of the best - though more expensive - places for champagne swilling is the Vox-Bar in the Grand Hyatt directly at Potsdamer Platz - excellent service, and live background music most of the time.

One more thing: If you take a cab directly on the street (not at a taxi-stand), you can take a short tour for only 3 EUR, ideal for a ride back to the hotel if the legs are shaky...;-)

Have fun!

Berlin
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrinklies on Tour

What about a city tour by plane or Trabbi?

http://www.trabi-x.de/Trabi-X2eng.htm

http://www.air-service-berlin.de/