We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Welcome pass - is it worth it?

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Welcome pass - is it worth it?

Going to Berlin next month. It seems that it would be cheaper to buy a day pass or a week long for the metro as opposed to the Welcome Pass. Any suggestions?

Husum, Germany
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Welcome pass - is it worth it?

If I remember right the Welcome Pass is worth the money. You can easily get several discounts on entrance fee, i.e. museums. And on the other hand, I think you have to proof that you are a Berlin citizen to get a week pass for metro and busses. Kai

The O.C.in U.S.
Level Contributor
348 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Welcome pass - is it worth it?

Went to Berlin in May-answer depends?If your gonna do a lot of museums,tourist sites and activities the Welcome Card gets you discounts.If your not buy different passes 1, 3 or 7 days. Anybody can buy the passes-not just Germans.We went for only 3 days so bought only 3 day pass. Considered Card but felt wasn't worth it in our case.Tip by the Zoo train station is a Dunkin Donuts shop can get a free guided walking tour of the city there.It was fantastic- the guide was a History professor who was very informative.Also check out The Kaiser Wilhelm Church -it's half bombed out from WW2- left in that condition. We really enjoyed the trip-you'll have a great time.