We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puzzle/toy/game stores in Berlin?

Old Tappan, NJ
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Puzzle/toy/game stores in Berlin?

I'm going to be in Berlin for a few days in July (on my way to a puzzle convention in Prague), and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for stores where I might be able to find puzzles. Specifically, mechanical puzzles (Rubik's cube, metal tanglements, puzzle locks, etc.). I think a German word for them is Geduldspiele.

I was last in Germany about 15 years ago, and did manage to find some by wandering into toy stores, but if there are any stores that specialize in puzzles, I'd love to know of them.

Thanks,

Brett

berlin
Level Contributor
27 posts
1. Re: Puzzle/toy/game stores in Berlin?

my ideas: (and there are certainly others...)

www.werken-spielen-schenken.de Schlossstrasse 110b D-12163 Berlin

www.spielemax.de/catalog/index.php Schloßstraße 1 (Forum Steglitz)

both are 5 min by foot or for mostly wooden things:

www.merlin-zauberwelten.de/ Arndtstraße 35 D-10965 Berlin

http://www.kreatiwiti.de/ Park Center Berlin-Treptow Am Treptower Park 14 12435 Berlin

Old Tappan, NJ
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Puzzle/toy/game stores in Berlin?

Thanks! Those look like they have the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Brett

3. Re: Puzzle/toy/game stores in Berlin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 28, 2009