We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin

london
1 post
Berlin

I'm going to Berlin in June and I would love to know the best areas to stay. We want to be in the heart of things, or in an arty area where there are lots of nice cafes and a bohemian less touristy feel? Can anyone reccomend an area?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Berlin

If you are meaning close to the sights with being in the heart of things than you should stay in Mitte. Downside with Mitte is that it is quite touristy. Sometimes I find it difficult to find decent bars and restaurants there which are not overpriced for what is offered.

I think you might like Prenzlauer Berg (area around Helmholtzplatz/Kastanienallee/Kollwitzplatz). You'll find tourists there as well but mainly locals.

Other central areas are Ku'Damm area/Savignyplatz in Charlottenburg (you'll find heaps of tourists there but also many locals), around Bergmannstr. in Kreuzberg, around Winterfeldplatz in Schöneberg.

2. Re: Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 27, 2009