We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to buy?

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What to buy?

Hi All,

What are some things that I can buy in berlin and only in berlin. I am intrested in this for my home.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to buy?

The Berlin Bear is the trademark gift from Berlin. You can also buy T-Shirts which display the sign at Checkpoint Charlie, one of the former allied checkpoint between East and West ("You Are Leaving The American Sector") and with a drawing of Berlin showing the occupational sectors. Perhaps you could pick up a piece of the Berlin Wall or a small metallic figure of the Brandenburg Gate or the Reichstag building.

...ot there's always the Hard Rock Cafe on Meinekestrasse!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to buy?

East German traffic lights for pedestrians had different shaped figures from the international norm (fatter and wearing a hat) and you can still see them in East Berlin. Called the Ampelmann you can buy souvenirs (bags, key-rings etc etc) at the shops in Hackescher Markt and on Karl-Liebknecht Strasse by the bridge near the cathedral. website with illustrations: www.ampelmann.de

Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
172 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to buy?

There are a lot of small design shops - especially in the area 'Mitte' - these are often unique.

New York
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to buy?

Thanks