We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Berlin, WHAT TO DO!?

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Berlin, WHAT TO DO!?

Hi, I'm going to germany for 12 days, 3 will possibly be in Berlin. I love Beer, Live Music, and Sights. I am also married to someone who loves to shop in a non "mall-like" atmosphere.

Top 5 suggestions please!

(did I mention I love Beer tasting?)

Brewer's Berlin Tours
Beer Tastings & Tours, Walking Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Alternative Berlin Tours
Night Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Berlin Food Tour
City Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
Berlin Craft Beer Experience
Night Tours, Cultural Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Berlin, WHAT TO DO!?

Berlin is full of things to do and see. In terms of sights, don't miss the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag building, which houses the new German parliament, Checkpoint Charlie (on Friedrichstrasse), the former allied checkpoint between the American and Soviet occupational sectors of the city, the Berlin Cathedral, the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Memorial-Church (on Breitscheidplatz), Alexanderplatz, with its World Clock and Television Tower, East Side Gallery, a mile-long section of the Berlin Wall on Muelenstrasse that still stands in its original position, and the Charlottenburg Palace.

There are shopping opportunities all over Berlin. Europe's largest department store, KaDeWe, is at the point where Wittenbergplatz and Tauentzienstrasse meet; there are large shopping centres on Potsdamer Platz (Arkaden), Breitscheidplatz (Europa-Center), and in Schlossstrasse (Galleria) in the district of Steglitz. In addition, there are numerous streets dedicated to shopping throughout Germany's capital. Wilmersdorfer Strasse, Friedrichstrasse, Tauentzienstrasse and the boulevard of Kurfuerstendamm (known locally as Ku'damm) spring to mind. The famous Paris department store of Galeries Lafayette has a branch in Friedrichstrasse and on the same street you will find Kaufhaus Dussmann, a huge store selling a massive collection of CDs, DVDs and books over three floors of space.

For beer, live music and nightlife, I suggest that you head to the area around Hackescher Markt. Since reunification, this area is the former East Berlin has been completely revamped and now houses some of the most trendy bars and restaurants in the city. Hard Rock Cafe is in Meinekestrasse, just off Ku'damm and there are a few bars in the area of Potsdamer Platz. Here you will also find a cinema that shows movies in their original languages.

My top tip is the Allied Museum in Zehlendorf (U-Bahn (subway) station: Oskar-Helene-Heim). It is located deep in the heart of the former American sector, but yet located miles from the centre of the unified Berlin, which means that it seldom recognised for the terrific showpiece that it is. The museum (on Clayallee) is a fascinating exhibition of photographs, memorabilia, and various objects which tell the story of Cold War life and Berlin during its period of occupation between 1945 and 1990.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Berlin, WHAT TO DO!?

Yes...you should definitely have a look at the main attractions like 'Unter den Linden'.

A nice shopping street is the 'Kastanienallee' at Prenzlauer Berg district, nice little stores of young local fashion labels, same at Hackescher Markt (Mitte)...live music could be found 7 days a week. Berlin has the image as a party town and that's right. You won't have a problem to find something you like. Same with beer...everytime and everywhere.

by the way: I would recommend a hotel at Prenzlauer Berg because there you'l find anything you like....many night clubs, restaurants, bars and shopping possibilities, some famous are also in walking distance.

This one should be very good and not too expensive:

Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now