We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Welcome card

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Welcome card

I will be taking a taxi from the airport.

Once in the city where would I buy the Welcome Card? Can it be purchased at any metro stop?

Is 72 hours the maximum?

thanks,

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
10,956 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Welcome card

abalada

thanks for the clear explanation of welcome card value! we will be in Berlin for 4 days 5 nights and for sure I will now be buying the welcome card... I can see if you were only in town for 3 days it might not be worth it but as you point out the convenience factor alone has got to be worth something!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Welcome card

I appreciate the information. As I will be in the city and environs for about four days I believe this will be woethwhile after all.

Many thanks.

New York
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Welcome card

I just want to let you all know that I am in Berlin now.

I appreciate all of the advice. It's been amazing!

I purchased the Welcome card along with the museum card.

They have reallly been worth it!

I'll report back more fully when I return.

Thanks again.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Welcome card

The Welcome card looks promising! But what is the Museum Card?

New York
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Welcome card

The Museum Card is 15E, as I said the two cards together are 3E less, so 34E for the Welcome Card (zones a and b) and the Museum card.

The Museum card gives you entry into several of the top museums in Berlin. The man at the information center told me that entry to the Pergamon and the Altes was 8E each. So I though there was nothing to lose. As it turns out I gained entry into 4 museums with it.

It was really worth it for me.

Bolton
11 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Welcome card

But isn't public transport free wherever you go in mainland Europe? I was forever hopping on and off trams and buses in Amsterdam, Prague and nobody ever asked for money.

Free buses is one of the best things about Europe

New York
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Welcome card

They are not free. In fact you are supposed to have a ticket and then stamp it in one of the boxes. Yes it is easy to just walk onto a train, bus ect. But if you were stopped and asked for a ticket then you could get inot trouble.

It is different than here in NYC where you have to have a Metro card to enter. There are no turnstiles in Europe, but you do have to pay.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Welcome card

Loinheart:

Not free at all! When I was in Prague it was very, very clear that you needed a ticket. You've been lucky, I guess. I saw quite a few people removed from trams and buses for not having a ticket. If I remember right, the inspectors can assess fines on the spot.

19. Re: Welcome card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, August 31, 2009