We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Berlin

Want to fly in sept. Should i book now or wait. Will the price drop?

Best Seller
Berlin Bike Tour
585 Reviews
from $38.00*
All-in-One Berlin Shore Excursion...
10 Reviews
from $118.90*
Best Seller
Discover Berlin Half-Day Walking Tour
1,805 Reviews
from $16.60*
9 replies to this topic
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin

From Vancouver BC. Not looking for charter. More like klm or lufthansa

Edited: 8:40 pm, January 29, 2018
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,557 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin

Since when do prices drop the closer you get to your departure? Book as early as possible, especially if you have a certain time frame. If you are flexible with time, days, month, you might get a better deal on short term booking, but in general No

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berlin

Thanks:-) i don't plan on waiting long but do not want to over pay. I am used to prices to asia but this is my first to europe. Am looking at 1400 right now.

Edited: 8:59 pm, January 29, 2018
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,880 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Berlin

Book whenever planes are firm.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
11,083 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Berlin

Keep an eye on the prices for a couple days, sign-up for the airlines' newsletters and wait for a promotional sale maybe. For September I usually book in January, though. When you say 1.400 I assume that's CAD. I had looked into FRA-YVR last year for a while with Lufthansa or Air Canada in September, fares would be around 1.100-1.200 CAD for a nonstop service. Under 1.000 CAD would be a steal, probably not offered for September or at this point anymore.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
795 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Berlin

Try Skyscanner I find them good and you can see prices for month if you’re flexible by a day or two.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,355 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Berlin

Beware who you book with if you use Skyscanner, many of the agencies advertising there do not have live prices and will ask for more money!

You are best to book directly with the airline then there is no middle man in event of schedule changes or other issues. You can also try here https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,649 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Berlin

September is not a cheap month to fly to Berlin due to a rapid success of international events that take place in the first 3 weeks or so. You might get a connection on WestJet and easyJet via London Gatwick BUT this will be self-connect flight on two bookings that will be unprotected UNLESS you book it on easyJet.com.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
795 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Berlin

That can be true for Skyscanner if they direct you to a third party site you have never heard of be cautious if the prices seem too good to be true they probably are - though Skyscanner are good at monitoring feedback. If the flight prices shown direct you to airline website to book then it’s totally fine I’ve just booked flights with EasyJet to Berlin and Air Canada to Canada obvs, good deals by keeping an eye on prices daily.

Reply to: Berlin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted