We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel advice - wurzburg(germany) to delft(netherland)

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Topic
travel advice - wurzburg(germany) to delft(netherland)

hello,

Can someone please tell me the cheapest and best options to travel from wurzburg to delft. I am planning to travel on the 28th of september and I can leave wurzburg only after 18:30. Please help me plan out my trip. I'll be travelling alone with just a backpack.

There is no direct train between these two cities as i have searched the bahn.de website. However a road trip is only 5 hrs between the two cities so is there any inter-bus service that runs in europe? IF not then please advice the best and cheapest trains that can travel between these cities.

thank you

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel advice - wurzburg(germany) to delft(netherland)

You could take a train to Stuttgart and then the city night line train to Amsterdam. Local trains to den Haag run every 15 mins. See www.bahn.de for details, the cheapest tickets are sold out .

Your other option is to try car sharing www.carpooling.co.uk will get you the English version of German www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel advice - wurzburg(germany) to delft(netherland)

Hey,

I checked on google maps and I saw that the road trip is pretty short and direct till delft. So are there any Inter-Bus services between germany and netherlands?

In any case thanks for your help on the train route.

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel advice - wurzburg(germany) to delft(netherland)

If you take a train to Frankfurt you could use them http://tinyurl.com/qzzuhzp then you can use a local train from Amsterdam like bongoblog suggested.

Long haule busses are pretty new for Germany, so you have limited options.

Edited: 11:44 am, September 04, 2013
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,406 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel advice - wurzburg(germany) to delft(netherland)

confused: 580 km does not seem short to my mind!

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel advice - wurzburg(germany) to delft(netherland)

You won't find a direct bus between the two cities. The long-haul bus system in Germany is not that well developed (yet), as there is a very good and effecient train network throughout the country.

The train is definitely your best option. Würzburg has a lot of ICE connections.

The thing is there won't be a good connection at that time. So your options are, stay the night in Würzburg and depart on the next morning or plan a layover somewhere.

Edited: 12:01 pm, September 04, 2013
Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel advice - wurzburg(germany) to delft(netherland)

ethelman2, coming from a country like India, USA, Austraila or Namibia 580 km is nothing your next door neighbour might live 200 km away from you, not in India I admit.

UK
Level Contributor
6,271 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel advice - wurzburg(germany) to delft(netherland)

I've learnt not to trust Google maps when it comes to road journeys. The journey from Würzburg to Delft has several bottlenecks (Frankfurt being just one of them). For longer journeys I have learnt to multiply Google's estimate by 1.5.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,406 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel advice - wurzburg(germany) to delft(netherland)

I drove from Hoek van Holland to. Wuerzburg. Took 10 hours.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: travel advice - wurzburg(germany) to delft(netherland)

You could catch a long distance bus from Frankfurt to Den Haag, but the bus departs in the morning. Or you could catch an 18:50 bus from Wuerzburg to Koeln and then a next morning bus to Den Haag.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travel advice - wurzburg(germany) to delft(netherland)

Ethelmam, how did it take 10 hours? I normally get to Amsterdam in 6!