We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip on romantic road to Rothenburg?

new rochelle
Level Contributor
139 posts
425 reviews
Save Topic
day trip on romantic road to Rothenburg?

We will be on a river cruise with a stop in Wurzberg. We have the option not to tour Wurzberg but instead take a bus on the romantic road to Rothenburg.

How long is the ride from Wurzberg to Rothenburg? Is this ride as "scenic" as the tour guide describes?

Wurzberg also looks like a very charming town. Considering the bus travel time and additional cost, is enjoying the day in Wurzberg as good an option as traveling to Rothenburg?

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip on romantic road to Rothenburg?

The road from W to R o d T is, well, a road. It could EVEN be the autobahn.

There is plenty to do in Wuerzburg for a day, in my view.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,792 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip on romantic road to Rothenburg?

Either will be fine, you'll just have a somewhat different experience. Personally, I would probably opt for staying in Würzburg and doing some low key things and enjoy myself, although you could rush about trying to see it all, and failing.

new rochelle
Level Contributor
139 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip on romantic road to Rothenburg?

Thanks so much!

4. Re: day trip on romantic road to Rothenburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, July 14, 2015