We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best restaurants

Which Rothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading...
Level Contributor
72 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
best restaurants

We will be in Rothenberg in March for one night and were looking for a suggestion for a great restaurants. WE have been there before but don't remember where we ate. Any suggestions-Weintaube looks good but only takes cash. Thanks

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,041 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best restaurants

I like Rothenburger Kartoffelstube (just outside Roedertor), Goldener Greifen and possibly Riechskuechenmeister (although this is best when you can sit outside).

But the Kartoffelstube is pretty good- mainly potato based stuff (unsurprisingly)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best restaurants

Are these open for lunch? Any lunch suggestions??

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best restaurants

We ate at the Zur Hoell, touristy but surprisingly good. It's very small, and we expected a wait when we got there after the Night Watchman tour, but we were served almost immediately. It is cash only, and in one of the oldest buildings in Rothenburg.

Edited: 9:49 pm, January 25, 2012
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best restaurants

One place you can t miss is the Roma Restaurant, near to the P4 entrance. One of the best carbonara spaghetti I ever had and the best pannacotta I ever tasted. Good price and Excellent service. The owner is there serving you what makes all the dibdmgerence. Don t miss!

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,041 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best restaurants

sorry, Henryand Lily

Yes: al three places are open for lunch and are good lunch stops. I don't knock Roma at ll, but it's a bit like going to Rome and ordering a Wienerschnitzel to me!

One place you might try is "Unter den Linden" walk down Herrngasse to the castle site and follow the city walls down to the right. A long way down! At the road turn left and left immediately to the river, where this field/meadow pub is to be found. Good beer and great snacks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best restaurants

Thanks very much , but if it's a long way down means it's a long way up and I don't mind walking for hours but preferably on a flat surface. The knees and hips wouldn't cope..I'd be wrecked.

Edited: 5:17 pm, February 20, 2012
7. Re: best restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, February 22, 2013