We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rothenburg Day trip from Munich

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
629 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Rothenburg Day trip from Munich

Is it better to travel on a tour or buy a Bavaria train ticket and travel independently I would like to return to Munich the same day. Thanks

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,281 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rothenburg Day trip from Munich

Well, if you go by IC train, it's 2.5 hours at best .

Using local trains its posible to do in 3hrs 15 at best.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,536 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rothenburg Day trip from Munich

Perhaps you also imbibed too much beer?

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rothenburg Day trip from Munich

Even if you were the only car on the road you couldn't make Munich to RODT in 90 minutes...

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
154 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rothenburg Day trip from Munich

Hey Gary. I remember your referal to visit Regensburg as a beautiful town to us last year which we did for their Xmas Markets! It was divine and I think we missed each others family by a day! We're going back but this year will see your other recommendation, Landshut! Thanks for your great advice

Cheri

15. Re: Rothenburg Day trip from Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 26, 2012