We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far is nearest airport to rothenburge

Sheffield, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
how far is nearest airport to rothenburge

hi ive ner been to germany before and i think rothenburg is the right place to go for me as i like the look of it how charming old and traditional it looks

i was hoping to go for our a two night 3day break so i didnt want to spend alot of time traveling so is this part of germany ok or have i got a long way to go after the airport (how long flight from uk)

any more info would be great

thanks guys

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,871 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far is nearest airport to rothenburge

By far the closest airport is Nuremberg, then Stuttgart, then Frankfurt, and then Memmingen is slightly closer than Munich. Those are straight line distances. By car, look at www.viamichelin.com , and by train www.bahn.com .

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,659 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how far is nearest airport to rothenburge

Nuremberg and Rothenburg ob der Tauber are even inside the same local public transport network, the VGN.

http://www.vgn.de/media/verbundgebiet.pdf

vgn.de/CFF6B06F-C0B4-11D7-AE44-00034709FE0C

Which makes for cheap transfers. Single ticket is EUR 9,50. A day ticket is EUR 15,60 and is good for up to 6 persons traveling together, albeit only 2 of them must be 18 years or older. If bought on a Saturday the day ticket is also good for Sunday.

Edited: 4:17 pm, March 10, 2011
Sheffield, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how far is nearest airport to rothenburge

hi

so i go to nurumberg airport then i can get a train to rothenburg how far is the train station from the airport and how long does it take to get to rothenburge on train ?thanks guys

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,659 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how far is nearest airport to rothenburge

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

To: Rothenburg ob der Tauber

and select as means of transport "only local transport".

The airport is served by U-Bahn (metro). And Rothenburg itself is the end point of a remote branch line. Thus a few changes are involved.

Sheffield, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how far is nearest airport to rothenburge

hi so i would need to keep changing trains or just stay on same train passing other stops?

how long does that take?

is there a site i could look at what does flight hotel

and transfers from uk perhaps?

thanks for the help

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
995 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how far is nearest airport to rothenburge

Just keep in mind that even though Rothenburg o.d. Tauber looks great, it is anything but a real German town--traditional or otherwise. It is lovely and worth seeing and taking photos, BUT it is totally a tourist enclave, about as close to being a Theme Park as you can get.

7. Re: how far is nearest airport to rothenburge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 21, 2012