We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rothenburg ob der Tauber Lodging

Which Rothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Rothenburg ob der Tauber Lodging

My family (2 adults and 2 teens) will be in Rothenburg in August for just one night. I am trying to decide where to stay. My options are Haus Karin, Hotel Uhl, and Gasthof Butz. I've tried others but they are booked due to a mucis festival. These three all look pretty good, but if anyone can enlighten me on any benefits or drawbacks that would be great.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rothenburg ob der Tauber Lodging

We stayed at the Haus Karin about 5 minutes outside the wall. Karin and her husband are very nice people. Rooms were great. The 4 of us shared a bath. The breakfast was very good as well at a communal table. It was a good stay.

Regards, Gary

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rothenburg ob der Tauber Lodging

Thank you. I'm leaning towards Haus Karin, but I wasn't sure about the bathroom situation - shared or not.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rothenburg ob der Tauber Lodging

We have stayed with Karin too, and enjoyed it. On the second floor of her house there are three guest rooms. One has its own bathroom and the other two share a bathroom. We had no problems. She also has rooms on the first floor but I don't know details about that bathroom.

Nor Cal
Level Contributor
132 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rothenburg ob der Tauber Lodging

Altfrankische Weinstube

I'm not sure if you've already tried this establishment but this is where we stayed and we loved it. I've posted a review on this bed and breakfast if you'd like to check it out.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rothenburg ob der Tauber Lodging

http://www.spaetzle-schwob.de/index_eng.html

we loved staying here, you park in front of the guesthouse, wonderful food and rooms.

Denver
Level Contributor
13 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rothenburg ob der Tauber Lodging

We just came back from a trip to Germany and stayed one night in Rothenburg ob der Tauber. We wanted to stay within the walled city so we could walk all around it. We stayed at Hotel Spiezweg and thought it was quite cozy. The owners are quite friendly and offer free parking out back and a hearty breakfast in the morning.

It was a great location with alot of character and I would definitely recommend it. It was a good value too for the location.

Larvik, Norway
Level Contributor
398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rothenburg ob der Tauber Lodging

We are a family of four (with 2 teens) and have stayed several times at hotel and gasthaus Rappen www.hotel-rappen.com/rw_e8v/main.asp…

They have familyrooms (the bests are in the gasthause, with 2 bedrooms) all rooms have their own bathroom, parkingplace in the backgarden, and are situated just outside the walls, not more than 5 min. walks to the townsquare. Perfect situated! And the rate for 4 persons are 120E incl. breakfast. If it fits in our travelplans we always try to stay over night at this hotel/gasthaus.

Edited: 8:11 am, May 16, 2010
8. Re: Rothenburg ob der Tauber Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 13, 2010