We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

special permit to enter the city center

Which Rothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SPB
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
special permit to enter the city center

Do I need special permit to enter Rothenburg ODT city center by car if I book a hotel? How shoud I get htis permit?

I'd like to reserv Hotel-Gasthof Breiterle. What can you advise on this post. Is it OK? I'm going to get it about 15.00 -16.00 & stay here one night

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: special permit to enter the city center

>Do I need special permit to enter Rothenburg ODT city center by car if I book a hotel? How shoud I get htis permit?

You don't need any permit if the hotel is on a driveable road. If it is in the pedestrian zone, you simply cannot drive there, period.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,389 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: special permit to enter the city center

Do you mean an Umwelt sticker for your windscreen? You need them to drive a car into most town centres. If you are bringing your own car you will need one . Cars rented in Germany have them

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,158 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: special permit to enter the city center

Breiterle is owned by the Hocher family -Mike, son of Klaus, who owns my favourite the Spitzweg. It's right down by Roedertor in an excellent location. I'd stay there like a shot.

Go in at main gate (Galgentor); as long as you have a reservation it's no problem to get in. The gate will have a no entry sign but just drve round it. It will say (in German) "OK for hotel visitors" underneath

SPB
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: special permit to enter the city center

Hi, ethelman2! Thanks for your reply. Which is of these two hotels preferable: Hotel-Gasthof Breiterle or Spitzweg? Which is easier to reach by car? Which is convenient for sightseeing? According to the inet description and reviews, I liked both. Can you help me with a choice of hotel?

5. Re: special permit to enter the city center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 26, 2010