We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room for 2 Adults and 3 Children in Rothenburg?

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Room for 2 Adults and 3 Children in Rothenburg?

We will be arriving in Rothenburg on a Sunday, and we would like to find an accomodation for one night in Rothenburg. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to stay with a family of 2 adults and 3 children (Ages 8, 12, and 14)?

Thanks

jdmckay

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room for 2 Adults and 3 Children in Rothenburg?

It is probably going to take a special arrangement to accommodate your family. I would contact the tourist office in Rothenburg and see if they can help you reserved a room:

http://www.rothenburg.de/index.php?get=121

Regards, Gary

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room for 2 Adults and 3 Children in Rothenburg?

The Hotel and Gasthof Zur Sonne has a family room and room rates are extremely reasonable.

www.sonne.rothenburg.de/html_e/frame_e.htm

We enjoyed our visit and eventhough it was 2 years ago we get a Christmas message from them. You can E-mail them directly and they will respond promptly. The property would be rated higher if more people knew about it. We

Pasadena, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room for 2 Adults and 3 Children in Rothenburg?

Hotel Klosterstueble has a 2 bedroom apt that should accomodate you all. We had it reserved for our upcoming trip, but I've injured my knee and will not be able to navigate the 4 flights of stairs to get to the room. They were most gracious in exchanging the apartment for 2 rooms on the 1st floor for us. There is a photo of the apartment on their website:

www.klosterstueble.de/ISY/frame-en_hotel.html

Melbourne
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room for 2 Adults and 3 Children in Rothenburg?

We stayed at the Gastof goldener Geifen last year and they were lovely to our 8 yo daughter - have family rooms ,etc. The hotel is situated right on the main square in Rothenburg so you can easily walk to everything, including Night Walk. The hotel has been run by the same family for ?400 years. It is simple, clean, very homey and welcoming. The restaurant served good food. They have a website and we just contacted them via email and they offered us a great deal. In terms on location and atmosphere you can beat this place.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room for 2 Adults and 3 Children in Rothenburg?

Thanks for the response. We are looking forward to the Night Watchman tour while we're there. I'm thinking that we can find a family room with an adjoining room and be pretty set. I'll check out the aforementioned hotels and see what we can find. Thanks again!

jdmckay

6. Re: Room for 2 Adults and 3 Children in Rothenburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 22, 2009