We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants after Christmas Market

Germany
Level Contributor
414 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants after Christmas Market

We are staying the weekend for the Christmas Market and would like a dinner recommendation. We arrive on Friday evening, and will have "dinner" at the market the first night. I am looking for a dinner recommendation for Saturday evening. We have rooms booked at Hotel-Gasthof Goldener Greifen.

Romantic Road, Rothenburg, and...
669 Reviews
from $60.60*
Special Offer
Neuschwanstein Castle and Rothenburg...
57 Reviews
from $354.30*
$530.20
Special Offer
Munich Super Saver: Salzburg and Lake...
55 Reviews
from $104.60*
$121.30
6 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,557 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants after Christmas Market

I assume it is your first time at a Christmas Market in Germany, but let me assure you that you will not go thru all the food at the market in 2 days. You can find a cool bar/restaurant after the Market to relax . Maybe some more familiar with the area can give you specific places/names. I personally just walk around and sit down wherever I feel comfortable.

And do not forget to taste the Glühwein!

Edited: 9:42 am, November 11, 2017
Germany
Level Contributor
414 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants after Christmas Market

We actually have lived in Germany for five years, and each season we pick a new town to visit, and attend the market. We will eat from the stands the first night (need brats and crepes), but like to have a nice meal the second night to get out of the cold, and relax before heading back to the hotel.

We went to the market in Strasbourg last year and reserved the restaurant a month in advance, so I just want to be prepared.

Our local Weihnachtsmarkt opens November 27th, and DH and I have been counting down the days. We will walk down on opening night, and have Gluhwein! The weather here has been cold and raining (perfect for Gluhwein)

We are also having raclette tonight for dinner. :)

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
13,216 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants after Christmas Market

I'd eat in Goldener Greifen, personally. It's got good food and the people in the restaurant are pleasant.

Failing that go just up the hill on the same side of the main drag and you'll find the Baumeisterhaus which is a good choice. There the Zanderfilet (pike perch fillet) , the Zweibelrostbraten (sirloin in onions) and the Schweinehaxe (pork knuckle) are especially good.

VA
Level Contributor
677 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants after Christmas Market

Eisenhut Hotel seems to be very respected for meals & service - location cant be beat!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,802 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants after Christmas Market

We had lunch at the hotel you are staying at and it was very good. Our best meal though was dinner at Zur Holl. It was the best meal of our two week trip! Definitely make reservations as it is very small and very popular.

edmond, oklahoma
Level Contributor
151 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants after Christmas Market

Pizza Roma is good! We ate there twice recently and enjoyed it both times. Moderately priced - large menu. Small restaurant so reservations recommended but they squeezed us in both times without. Of course, the Christmas market wasn't open yet.

Reply to: Restaurants after Christmas Market
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted