We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Days in Fussen

Which Fussen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lakewood, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2 Days in Fussen

We are taking a driving tour of Bavaria in December and going to spend two days in Fussen. I want to fill my time up with fun and exciting things to do an see. I would appreciate any help with day trip ideas, activities, or tours. Thanks in advance!!

newcastle
Level Contributor
179 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Days in Fussen

We have just returned from a weeks stay in Fussen and had a great time. You could visit both of the castles, then take the cable car up the Tegelburg if the weather is clear. If you're reasonably fit walk back down the mountain and take in great views of the castles( takes about 2 hours). There is the Crystal Therme in Schwangau where you could relax and enjoy the heated indoor and outdoor pools. Again lovely views of the castles from the pools. You can enjoy a meal there and also have a cocktail at the pool bar. A lovely way to spend the evening if you've had a busy day. If the weather allows you could hire a bike and cycle to lake Hopfensee which takes about 30 mins from Fussen. There is a cycle track around the lake and lovely places to eat and drink. Buses also run from Fussen to Hopfensee. Im sure you'll have a great time!

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Days in Fussen

Fuessen is a lovely in winter, like a fairy tale village. If you're there on one of the first two weekends in December you can see the Christmas market. Since you will have a car, you can also visit the rococo wonder of the nearby Wies Church (on the UNESCO World Heritage List) and the Ettal Monastery. Here's a good link about Fuessen and the area in winter. www.bavaria.by/christmas-market-in-fuessen

You might want to reserve your Neuschwanstein tickets in advance, to avoid the long line for same-day tickets. I don't know how crowded it will be in December, though.

3. Re: 2 Days in Fussen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 16, 2014