We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fussen to Salzburg

Which Fussen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HK
Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Fussen to Salzburg

Are there many trains from Fussen to Salzburg? I guess Fussen is only a connection station, so there may not be many trains going through. Am I right?

Should I book them in advance? Actually I don't want to fix everything to allow a bit flexibility.

Can anyone advise me what to do?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,913 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fussen to Salzburg

There are hourly connections. But you'll have to change trains at least at Munich.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Füssen (or Fuessen)

Destination: Salzburg Hbf

Cheap if you stick to regional trains only. I.e. traveling on a Bayern Ticket. Select as means of transport "only local transport" for this. You can buy the Bayern Ticket on spot from ticket machines at Füssen train station. For EUR 2 more also at the counter there.

Edited: 10:46 am, July 04, 2013
HK
Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fussen to Salzburg

Thank you, abalada. The total amount for 4 of us is 133 Euro.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fussen to Salzburg

On the Bayern or Bavaria ticket, the total for four people would be 38 Euros (not each, total for all). www.toytowngermany.com/wiki/Bayern_ticket

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,913 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fussen to Salzburg

> The total amount for 4 of us is 133 Euro.

Strange. Did you really follow my advice?

"Select as means of transport "only local transport" for this."

Than any connection on Sa and Su or on weekdays past 9am should show up with EUR 34,00 (Bayern Ticket for 4) in the savings fares column.

Bayern Ticket (Bavaria Ticket)

bahn.de/i/…bavaria-ticket.shtml

Edited: 6:22 pm, July 23, 2013
5. Re: Fussen to Salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:45 am, July 25, 2014