We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to find this place?

Which Fussen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
158 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
where to find this place?

I was researching photo points for the castle.

So far, I know that hiking down the tegelberg mountain has pretty points, also the famous bridge.

I wa wondering where I can take a picture from the bottom viewing up? Like this picture below?

Thanks

http://www.schwangau.de/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2Fschloesser_neuschwanstein_01.jpg&md5=2ac7d685788aeb308f9eff8f727f427ef6280b00&parameters[0]=YTo0OntzOjU6IndpZHRoIjtzOjQ6IjgwMG0iO3M6NjoiaGVpZ2h0IjtzOjQ6IjYw&parameters[1]=MG0iO3M6NzoiYm9keVRhZyI7czo0MToiPGJvZHkgc3R5bGU9Im1hcmdpbjowOyBi&parameters[2]=YWNrZ3JvdW5kOiNmZmY7Ij4iO3M6NDoid3JhcCI7czozNzoiPGEgaHJlZj0iamF2&parameters[3]=YXNjcmlwdDpjbG9zZSgpOyI%2BIHwgPC9hPiI7fQ%3D%3D

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to find this place?

That view is photoshopped.

I took a photo that shows the schloss in the same orientation as your photo but with different mountains and foreground. It was taken from Highway 17 at the little town of Horn (mid-way between Fuessen and Schwangau).

So - yes, you can take photos of the schloss from below, as in your example, but the scenery will be different. Still pretty, in my opinion, but not as colorful as in your sample photo. You will need a camera with some kind of zoom lens - my photo was taken with a point-and-shoot digital camera with 10x magnification - nothing fancy or expensive.

You can also get interesting photos of Neuschwanstein from Schloss Hohenschwangau, even without taking the tour (although I do recommend the tour - it's very interesting).

Vancouver
Level Contributor
158 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to find this place?

Thank you for your comment! I was afraid no one would reply haha.

I will definitely take note of where to photograph the castle :)

Thanks again

Plattsmouth Ne
Level Contributor
340 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to find this place?

You can get an interesting photo of Neuschwanstein, from the street near the bus stop in Hohenschwangau. And I second the the previous posters suggestion for taking a photo of Neuschwanstein from Schloss Hohenschwangau and also for touring Schloss Hohnschwangau; more interesting in some respects than Neuschwanstein.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
158 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to find this place?

Thank you for your suggestion! Will definitely check out both castles.

This church is also very picturesque: tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g198…

Would you know if this is accessible by public transport? We won't have a car.

Thank you!

Plattsmouth Ne
Level Contributor
340 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to find this place?

St Coloman Church is about two miles from Hohenschwangau Castle which can be seen in the distance from the church. Though I don't know for sure that there is public transportation to the church, I can't imagine that there wouldent be in some form or other. If it were me, lacking anything else, I would walk or bicycle the two miles. Someone should be along soon who knows for sure.

Plattsmouth Ne
Level Contributor
340 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to find this place?

A taxi would be another option for getting to the church.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
158 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to find this place?

Thanks Joseph! Are there taxi stands close to Hohenschwangau Castle? I was planning on taking the bus from Fussen to the castles. We have 3 people in our group, so tai shoudlnt be too costly.

Plattsmouth Ne
Level Contributor
340 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to find this place?

Sorry, I can't tell you exactly where to find a taxi; I walk everywhere, but Hohenschwangau is not very big, and if you don't see a taxi, you should have no trouble finding one or any other transportation method, by asking someone. Have a good time; it's a beautiful area.

9. Re: where to find this place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 28, 2014