We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations near Füssen or Reutte

Which Fussen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Topic
Accomodations near Füssen or Reutte

What are your suggestions for hotels or pensions or bauernhofs near Füssen or Reutte in September fora night a couple in their 60's on a budget?

We can't afford and aren't interested in luxury ... just nice, clean places with our own toilets ... hopefully places with character and a comfortable ambience.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,078 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodations near Füssen or Reutte

I can't help with Fussen or Reutte particularly but you might try e-mail to the tourist offices in either town. If you are willing to go a little ways (about 3K from Fussen and about 20K from Reutte), I can recommend the Hanselewirt in Schwangau - hanselewirt.de - the views from some of the windows of the castle Neuschwanstein are lovely. I also recommend some of the sites that have more European guest houses - I don't have the addresses immediately available but Google in the advanced search the two words guesthouse Fussen and guesthouse Reutte and you will get lots of info. I can say that most German and Austrian hotels/guesthouses including those that are less expensive are clean and very comfortable. It is unlikely you'll be truly sorry. Hope this helps and have a great trip

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodations near Füssen or Reutte

I stayed at the Hotel Moserhof about three weeks ago, and it was as enjoyable as when I stayed last November. Not knowing your budget, it may or may not be a good fit for you. A double was 84 euros on each visit, for a large room with a balcony and breakfast included as well. My wife and I particularly enjoyed the restaurant (do not skip the dessert). Clean, good service, excellent regional foods, and they made us feel welcome each time. We noticed a number of locals were dining there, which we took as a good sign. If it fits your plans, I would say it is a good value for the money.

3. Re: Accomodations near Füssen or Reutte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 14, 2009