We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Fussen and Newschanweinsten castle in October

dallas
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visit to Fussen and Newschanweinsten castle in October

we plan to visit the castle around mid October. I wonder if it would be clear sky or cloudy this time of the year ?

is it better in May ?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,846 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Fussen and Newschanweinsten castle in October

This is not predictable. At max a few days in advance. There can be nice weather in October (or May). Or not. You can find nice photos made at either time of the year.

https://www.google.com/search?q=schlosss+neuschwanstein&oe=utf-8&aq=t&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Even some nice with clouds and fogs. But you won't be able to make such photos every day. The intense green of this area (in Spring/Summer/Autumn) should tell you that it does also rain there from time to time.

Edited: 12:07 pm, September 17, 2012
England
Level Contributor
68 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Fussen and Newschanweinsten castle in October

I have just returned from Fussen this week and like you tried to find out the weather prior to my visit but you can only really find out maybe a day in advance at best. I booked my tour of both castles a week before I visited so was at the mercy of the weather anyway. On the day of our tour it rained heavily non stop all day but this didnt deter the crowds of people and in no way spoilt the visit. I got some great shots of both castles and just used the flash on my camera to brighten it up a bit. As long as you have waterproof coats you will be fine. The day before and the day after our tour was warm with glorious sunshine by the way! Dont let the weather put you off in any way.

Mentioned in this post
Fussen
Fussen
Swabia, Germany
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Fussen and Newschanweinsten castle in October

Hi Sunshine Searcher,

I am planning on visiting Neuschwanstein Castle a couple of months from now. I believe it has a substantial amount of scaffolding on it at the moment. Is it entirely covered in it or can you still get some good vistas of the exterior of the castle. I want to be prepared so that my dream of seeing this castle is not a huge disappointment. Though I'm sure the interior is also impressive.

many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Neuschwanstein Castle
Neuschwanstein Castle
14,728 Reviews
Hohenschwangau, Germany
4. Re: Visit to Fussen and Newschanweinsten castle in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, December 13, 2013