We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting King's Castles - staying in Pinswang(Reutte)

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
487 posts
266 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting King's Castles - staying in Pinswang(Reutte)

Rick Steves suggests staying at Hotel Gutshof zum Schluxen

Pinswang, Austria (Reutte) and riding bikes from there (30min) to

Hohenschwangau and Neushwanstein.

2 years ago when we stayed in Cochem on the Mosel, we took Rick Steves' recommendation for walking through the forest to the Burg Eltz and it was one of our most memorable days so we love the idea of riding bikes to the King's castles.

We are booked for 2 nights very early October. We are arriving by train into Fussen from Lucerne, Switzerland. I contacted Hotel Gutshof zum Schluxen hoping they would pick us up in Fussen (per Rick Steves book) but they gave us a bus schedule which does not run very frequently. I wonder if most people have rental cars who stay with them?

From there we are staying 2 nights in Rothenberg o.d.T. and are planning on taking the Romantic Road bus from Fussen.

Then we take train to Frankfurt airport for flight out.

I don't know if there is any reasonable way we could rent a car for part of this. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visiting King's Castles - staying in Pinswang(Reutte)

Hey @Russ,

Saw your response much after I had returned from Füssen (April 3-5, 2013). I couldn't have gone for a hike anywhere from Füssen anyways, because weather was really bad then.

Thanks all the same.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visiting King's Castles - staying in Pinswang(Reutte)

Did you go to the museum when you visited the castles? If so was it worth going to? If you've been to the Tower museum in London, how does it compare? My wife and I are planing a trip that will likely include this area and am curious if the museum is worth the time. Thanks!

13. Re: Visiting King's Castles - staying in Pinswang(Reutte)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 31, 2014