We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neuschwanstein- scaffolding

Which Fussen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Neuschwanstein- scaffolding

Does the scaffolding ruin the view of Neuschwanstein from St. Mary's bridge?

I have seen the webcams and searched the forums, but I can't figure out if the scaffolding is on the same side of the castle that faces St. Mary's bridge.

We will be there in mid-August and are trying to decide whether to skip the castle because we are mainly interested in the walk up to the bridge and the views in that area.

We will be arriving from Mittenwald, and need to be in Rothenburg ob der Tauber that evening, so it will be a long day. It's a tough call with the scaffolding because we have wanted to see the castle since we were children, and don't know if we will have the chance to go back,

Anyone have an opinion? Thank you.

KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Neuschwanstein- scaffolding

I think I just found the answer in another forum- that the scaffolding is not on the side facing the bridge. But if anyone who has been there recently can confirm this or has an opinion would like to share, I'd be happy to hear it.

2. Re: Neuschwanstein- scaffolding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:31 am, July 28, 2012
KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Neuschwanstein- scaffolding

LOL, did you create an account just to post that? Seems it would only be worth it to post something a bit more sexy and exciting.

Edited: 12:26 pm, July 25, 2012
Somerset,England
Level Contributor
962 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Neuschwanstein- scaffolding

Apologies for the goon in reply 2, we were there last week and the scaffolding was on the right hand side of the north face (ie the one away from the bridge ) the west end wall and the tall tower on the west side. The whole of the south and east sides were free of scaffolding. From Marienbrucke you see the south and west sides so you see the scaffolding on the (narrow) west wall and the top of the tower but it is fairly minor in my opinion. It didnlt spoil our visit and in case its an excellent place to visit regardless. More of a problem is the millions of people.

5. Re: Neuschwanstein- scaffolding

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:31 am, July 28, 2012
KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Neuschwanstein- scaffolding

Thank you very much floydman51.

Georgehush/ultra- why go to all this trouble if you aren't even going to be entertaining?

Edited: 8:41 am, July 27, 2012
7. Re: Neuschwanstein- scaffolding

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 05, 2013