We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scloss Neuschwanstein rennovations query

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Scloss Neuschwanstein rennovations query

I was planning on visting Schloss Neuschwanstein at the end of September and visited the website to enquire about tickets only to see that the Scloss is currently undergoing what looks like quite extensive exterior rennovations.

The main reason I wanted to visit was to practise my photography and am wondering is there an opportunity to take exterior shots that wont have scaffolding in view, ie can you access the East and South sides?

Any advice would be welcome!

Edited: 2:09 pm, May 02, 2012
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,565 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Scloss Neuschwanstein rennovations query

This is actually the last phase of the exterior renovations.

> ie can you access the East and South sides?

For a view from the most prominent photo location Marienbrücke (Mary's Bridge) see here

photo from 2. May 2012

www.flickr.com/photos/rnugraha/7135509277/

Note that some postcard/poster like photo positions require apart from perfect weather and a good photo equipment also quite some hiking up onto the surrounding mountains. And some of these photos are also aerial.

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scloss Neuschwanstein rennovations query

I think a walk up to the bridge should be worth it for what looks like a good shot with not too much scaffolding on view. Do you know when the scaffolding is due to be taken down?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,565 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scloss Neuschwanstein rennovations query

The renovation of the facade is due to be finished end of 2012 according to the official website. Whatever this will mean exactly. Normally you cannot work on a facade at all from November on.

4. Re: Scloss Neuschwanstein rennovations query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:42 am, June 22, 2013