We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 castles in 1/2 day

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
203 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
2 castles in 1/2 day

Hi

I will visit Fussen in April. I will arrive there at 11:54 am by train and I don't know if I will have enough time to visit the Hohenschwangau castle and the Neuschwanstein castle. What do you think?

I will buy my tickets online to skip the lines and save some time.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hohenschwangau
Hohenschwangau
Swabia, Germany
Neuschwanstein Castle
Neuschwanstein Castle
14,869 Reviews
Hohenschwangau, Germany
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 castles in 1/2 day

You have enough time to visit both castles.

minimum times

1 h between the collection of the reserved tickets at the ticket center and the first tour at Hohenschwangau

0,5 h for the Hohenschwangau tour

1 h time to get to Neuschwanstein castle (the ticket center will book you automatically on the next possible tour for Neuschwanstein castle you can make it to)

0,5 h for the Neuschwanstein tour

Thus if you collect your tickets at 12:30 you will be earliest finished with Neuschwanstein Castle at 15:30. But even if the tour slots won't work out that perfectly you have enough time (up to 2 hours time buffer). And it is also no problem to return from Füssen to Munich later in the evening.

Mentioned in this post
Hohenschwangau
Hohenschwangau
Swabia, Germany
Neuschwanstein Castle
Neuschwanstein Castle
14,869 Reviews
Hohenschwangau, Germany
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
203 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 castles in 1/2 day

thanks Abalada!

I visited Neuschwanstein 3 years ago, but it was in an organized tour and I did not remember how many time took me. And my tour did not include Hohenschwangau. Because of this I had not idea about the necessary time to visit both castles.

Mentioned in this post
Hohenschwangau
Hohenschwangau
Swabia, Germany
3. Re: 2 castles in 1/2 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, June 15, 2013