We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Road be driven & seen from FRA to Munich in 2 days?

Which Fussen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Folsom, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Road be driven & seen from FRA to Munich in 2 days?

We are driving from Frankfurt to Munich and have 2 full days & will spend 1 night in between somewhere. We really want to see the 2 main castles as well. Is this a do-able thing or do we need to shorten our trip elsewhere and add an extra day? How long does it take to drive the Romantic Road from Frankfurt to Munich? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,223 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Romantic Road be driven & seen from FRA to Munich in 2 days?

Maybe not a must see, but a nice trip destination just outside of Munich. Easy to reach by public transport - since December round trips Tutzing (Lake Starnberger See) - Andechs - Herrsching (Lake Ammersee) are even easier. And while the "Holy Mountain" is only a small hill one has nice views e.g. on lake Ammersee. With the right (rather rare) weather conditions even such views are possible

http://polpix.sueddeutsche.com/polopoly_fs/1.1249377.1325583845!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/900x600/image.jpg

(Andechs monastery in front of - the nearly 90 km away - Zugspitze)

The church is also quite interesting. In a side chapel there is the grave of the composer Carl Orff ("Carmina Burana" - the most performed choir piece in the 20th century).

Folsom, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Romantic Road be driven & seen from FRA to Munich in 2 days?

Wow everyone, thank you SOOO much! I read each post very carefully and I appreciate all of the information very much! I cannot thank everyone enough for the valuable ideas!!! I'm really excited about seeing it!

13. Re: Romantic Road be driven & seen from FRA to Munich in 2 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, May 24, 2013